Don't Blink: Camp Mokuleia        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Thursday, June 06, 2013

Camp Mokuleia

My first time camping on the island wasn't too bad.  You see, I'm not the biggest fan of becoming one with nature unless, of course, a cabin is involved.  At least a cabin makes it more bearable for me.  It lessens the chance of little critters biting me or crawling on my skin.  I did see a lizard in our room within the first five minutes of arriving, but they're cute so I don't have a problem with them!  Oh!  I also must mention that meals were cooked for us.  BONUS! 
We were invited to camp with some friends who were going up here with their church.  Although we aren't members of that church, we were made to feel quite welcome by everyone, including the teenagers.  That in and of itself is an amazing feat!   
This is the main area when you walk in and the doors lead to bedrooms & the bathroom.
The bathroom had two stalls & two showers.  It was interesting having to share with
the men in the other families.

Our room: 3 bunk beds, 6 beds

EJ caught a few octopus
 EJ enjoyed fishing from this reef-y like wall.  Jay, Alison & I had an awesome time snorkeling out there.  Once Alison got tired, Jay & I stayed out longer.  We couldn't believe the turtles, fish, eel & state fish, the humuhumunukunukuapua'a,  we saw! 
The kids wanted to see the octopus get released


Another one of EJ's catches

Since the camp is across the street from the airfield, we saw
parachutes all weekend long


The kids loved when the pool was opened for a few hours!

 
Bunny had quite the weekend!  I had no idea she was a lush!
 

No comments: