Oh, that child! He is giving me most of the gray hairs I have to cover monthly. He has me wondering the following things: (1) Is it age related? (2), Does he have little or no respect for his mother? (3) Is this his way of showing that he is control?
When I say that he has an answer for everything, I am not exagerrating! Good, bad, silly, smart ass (his attempt at sarcasm and, yes, he gets this from me)...the kid always has something to say! Also, he just doesn't care about what he wears (white socks with black shoes or no socks at all), that his fly is down while chatting with friends, or that from a stranger's point of view he looks ridiculously silly when we are in public. I get that these aren't necessarily the worst traits to have, but at some point someone will make him care by embarassing him or making fun of him. As his Mom, I don't want it to come to that, but I feel like I have no other choice.
I have a plaque that says, "Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken." It is right on!!
No comments:
Post a Comment