- He is currently working on his Pinewood Derby car for Scouts. Lucky for me, I have wonderful neighbors who have volunteered their time to assist in this project. On Friday night, the B family & S family joined us for Papa John's so the guys could get a start on EJ's car. I believe he's decided on a NERF theme (colors include yellow, orange & black). Hopefully, with the neighbor's help, the car will be complete by race day, which is January 29th.
- His school grades are still good. In Math, he is learning the basics of geometry. Homework included isosceles, scale & equilateral triangles. He's only in 4th grade people! The child still HIGHLY dislikes paragraph writing. He knows what he wants to say and what the answer is, but doesn't like writing it. For example, one of papers that came home last week had a problem where he had to explain why the two fractions were equal to each other. EJ's response, "Because I know fractions." Aye, aye, aye...
- EJ is currently not playing any sports, but since soccer is off the table this season we are working on other options. Maybe flag football?
What's going on in Alison's world?
- She absolutely loves Daisy's. She is selling Girl Scout cookies and LOVES it! She is just like her big brother and goes door-to-door happily. Also, her selling technique is to ask, "What kind of cookies do you want?" She doesn't ask, "Would you like to buy some cookies?"
- She lost another tooth yesterday while sitting on the couch. She loses her baby teeth in the oddest ways. One time she lost one during swim lessons (yes, she was in the pool) and found it!
- Alison loves school! Her reading is coming along beautifully. I am amazed at the reading she can do.
- Crafts are her life! She is constantly pulling something out and leaving the computer room a mess. I guess she wants to be an artist when she grows up...
- She is still in gymnastics. We are starting a new day this week and she'll be in a class with a few of her friends. Hope she doesn't get distracted or be the distractor.
How is the handful (Evan ) doing?
- The little guy is still getting himself into baby trouble. One of the first words I hear out of EJ's mouth as he comes in the door after school is, "EVAN! What did you do?" Evan enjoys playing with his brother & sister's things while they are away. It makes me laugh.
- Evan enjoys going to school. He is always happy to go and happy to see his Mommy. He feels like such a big boy. Last week, he was SO mad when it was cancelled due to bad weather.
- Evan is still in gymnastics too. This is something else he highly enjoys.
Needless to say, I am challenged everyday by three kids running around pulling me in different directions. Last week I literally felt defeated. That is usually a temporary feeling, but one I dislike having. It's very difficult not having my "teammate" here to assist when I feel like giving up. All my friends have their own lives so most people do their own thing. I can only depend on me. Well, it's time to sign off since I am actually finishing this post the next morning. Evan is staring at me because he is hungry and wants his breakfast. Let the day begin...
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing the news of your beautiful children. God has surely blessed you. They sound so remarkable and each one has his/her own personality. Remember, you are not alone, the Lord is with you and will take care of you, Jay and the children. I am praying for each one of you every day. God bless you!
Carole
Post a Comment