Don't Blink: Our trip to Ohio        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our trip to Ohio

We spent last week in Ohio visiting Jay's family. Here are some highlights from our trip: ~ Hanging out with Mammaw, Auntie Ethel, and Cousin Meg and her family! ~ Swimming ~ Fishing - Poor Alison lost her footing and fell in the pond. Daddy jumped in to her rescue. Those swim lessons paid off because she kept her head above water! ~ BBQ ~ Extreme Makeover: Home Edition was in our old neighborhood in Beavercreek, OH during the week! ~ Shopping! Okay, that was for my benefit! I sure do love the outlet mall!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: OHIO
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

Make a Smilebox slideshow

Driving to and from Ohio was quite eventful! I drove with the kids on Saturday. Along the way I got a screw in a tire. Thank goodness we were already stopped for lunch, so I drove to a gas station. It happened to be a service station too. They fixed up the tire and it's been great ever since! Coming home, Jay was on the Harley and we were in the van. There was LOTS of traffic! I think we sat a total 1.5 hours! Also, the fuses blew the radio and power outlets out. Since lunchtime, we had no radio and no way to play movies on the DVD player. The GPS battery died as well. I am sure the GPS would have been so mad at us as we took the outer loop around D.C., which probably was the longest route possible! Oh well, we are safe and sound at home now and looking forward to Mammaw visiting US. We will see the rest of the family at Disney in November!!!!

2 comments:

Auntie Ethel said...

We had a WONDERFUL time with you all and THANK YOU Amy for putting tjis on blog and not just face book love you guys always

Beverly said...

You'll have to let us know next time you come to Ohio!!