Having to go alone to PA on such short notice was a bit nerve-wracking for me. I don't like doing anything by myself, let alone driving for 5 hours! I knew that snow would fall while I was there too. I can't tell you the last time I drove in snow or even seen inches of it! At first, I was nervous to drive in it since its been such a long time that I've seen this much snow! Jay's truck didn't let me down! I put that baby into 4wd and conquered the interstate, side streets, and parking lots!
The point of traveling there was to attend my Grandma's viewing and funeral. Both were really nice. She was such a loved woman and she should be proud of the family she's left behind. My Dad's side are wonderful, kind people. Being in their presence made me feel welcome and like I've always been a part of the family (there were a number of years where we didn't see each other).
Because I was alone on this trip, I got to relax a bit and just hang out. I wasn't obligated to anyone but myself! Hmmm...I wonder how often I can get away like this?!? Just kidding, but it was a welcomed break and one I didn't expect to enjoy so much! My sister, Tammy, and I hopped in the big red truck the night of the storm and went to Wal-Mart. The next day, we visited Jacki and had lunch before I headed out. It was nice hanging out with her without the kids stealing her attention.
Leave it up to me to take photos while driving in the snow! Now this is what you call a snow plow! They were sitting in the medians of the interstate at 8 a.m. (an hour before the snow started falling).
Yes, that's Jacki standing!
Amy & Tammy near her pretty tree
This is my 18-year old nephew, John. I used to babysit this man when he was a colicky baby! --->
1 comment:
Wow! Jacki looks GREAT! It's wonderful how well she has pulled through with such amazing strength.
Look at that all that SNOW! You are so lucky girl! You look like you had the best time with your sister's.. I'm happy you live close enough to visit them pretty regularly...
The kids seemed to have loved playing in that snow.. I bet they are going to cherish that memory forever.....
Awesome!
Post a Comment