Don't Blink: Random thoughts        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Random thoughts

A NEW BOOK
It feels as if I've been searching for an author that published a series of books that I'd enjoy reading. I believe my search has ended! Okay, everyone knows one of the hottest movies out now is Twilight. While seeing previews, I truly was NOT interested. I've come across lots of people discussing the book and comparing it to the movie. I didn't know there was a book. Well, I decided to read it. Let me say that vampires don't really interest me, nor does this type of book. However, my mind has been changed! I can't seem to put this book down!! By the end of the weekend, I may be going to see the movie too! It is my understanding that the book is MUCH better than the movie. Isn't that usually the case? Jay & I live for (just a figure of speech people) the next published Harry Potter book. We always do a date night when the movie comes out and it seems we are usually disappointed when leaving the theatre. That could also be because I always re-read the book leading up to the release of the movie. The book is fresh in my mind, which may be part of the problem. I can say that it's exciting to read a book with such enthusiasm. I do enjoy reading, but part of the problem is finding that special book that keeps me interested. This one is doing it! I can't wait to continue the series... MOMS CLUB
We moved just eight short weeks ago, and I am already getting out there and getting involved! I am SO proud of myself. With a move, I am usually a home-body for a few months before I try to meet people. This time I felt really convicted about doing something for Alison. Ya see, with EJ I was involved since he was 4 months old. When Ali came along, I still did things for EJ. Ali tagged along! Now I can finally participate in activities where SHE is meeting new friends. Poor Evan just tags along...LOL!! Before I know it, Ali-cat will be in school and then I can focus on Evan activities! I have to note that we were out today at an indoor jump place and Alison seemed kinda lost. I believe she is SO used to EJ being around and playing with him that she didn't know what to do with herself. Most of the time, she is really good about meeting little girls her age. That could be it too - I didn't notice any girls HER age at the jump place.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I am so happy that you guys are getting out and having some fun.. Gets bored at home especially when you move to a new place.... I'm happy you are exploring your new world.....

Joy said...

I'm planning on reading Twilight, too. Josh already has and I've heard him talking about it with others and they agree the later books aren't as good. Don't know though since I haven't read them myself!

Unknown said...

You ROCK!!! Noone will be as cool as you, Misty and soemtimes me with all our kids at Mickey D's, but I hope you meet some wonderful new friends!! Glad the move seems to have gone so smoothly!!