Next week will be a year since we left "paradise." So much has happened in that time, but as I reflect on our last days on the island, I have a teeny tiny bit of nostalgia. I miss the beauty. I miss beach days. I miss rainbows...all the time. I miss lounging poolside sipping a cocktail. I really miss hiking. I miss the friends I did all those things with, but who are all now living elsewhere.
Even with all that, there are plenty of things I don't miss. I don't miss the groundhog day weather. I don't miss the lack of central air. I don't miss cockroaches. I don't miss being treated like a visitor. I don't miss the traffic. I don't miss mold. I don't miss dripping sweat...all the time and especially when doing housework. And I don't miss the crowds - EVERYWHERE!
These photos are just a few from our stay at the Hilton Hawaiian in Honolulu. The resort is absolutely amazing with all the amenities that are provided. I can see why visitors never leave Honolulu, but it also irritates me because the rest of the island is SO much better, especially the beaches. Oh, the beaches. The white, soft beaches (Kailua, Bellows).
Diamond Head from our hotel room
Parrots, parrots everywhere
Me and my guy looking at Evan on the beach
Pool time
Palm trees never get old, except when it's time to trim them!
A view from the top of a waterslide
Aloha morning sun
One of our dinners at the resort was a Japanese steakhouse
Looky who decided to join his family for awhile
Kilpatrick Ohana
Jay playing with Ali & Evan in the lagoon
Waterslide fun
Sunset from Honolulu
For three years, I've wanted to take Alison to the Hale Koa crabfest, but it always feel during the week. We were lucky they had one last dinner and it fell during our stay downtown. We enjoyed ourselves with yummy food and beautiful Hawaiian music.
Outside the Yard House, one of our go to favorite restaurants
Our last ride in Vanny. She retired in Hawaii with another military family. ALOHA VANNY!






















No comments:
Post a Comment