Don't Blink: Same beach, different colored sand        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Same beach, different colored sand

Yesterday we visited a beach that we have not been to in over a year. Originally, it was a beach a friend took me to to look for sea glass.  She called it secret beach so that is what we also call it.  I was hoping that our friends, whom are visiting from Maryland,  would find some pretty shells and big pieces of sea glass; however I was disappointed.  It happened to be high tide, which didn't help us looking for shells closer to the ocean.  I have one other beach on this island that I plan on taking them to. With some luck, we will find some pretty pieces of glass.

One thing that I forgot that was unique about secret beach was the two different colored sands in that one location. Near the ocean, the sand consists of crushed seashells.  Further back where the water doesn't touch, you will find a darker brownish, greenish sand. Sometimes, you learn to like a beach because of the texture of the sand.

No comments: