What a surprise I received for my birthday this year! My wonderful Hubby got me a swim with the dolphins experience at Sea Life Park. He knows how much I love dolphins, and at one point in my life, I wanted to be a dolphin trainer. At times, my heart still wishes I went down that road, but it is what it is.
I just want to note that in the upper right hand photo, I turned to Jay with tears in my eyes. It was such an exciting, emotional moment to realize a dream of mine was coming true! 
Alison and I got to do this together, which made it super special for her and I. When we got in the water I can see her trepidation. Those dolphins are much bigger when you are right next to them. Can you imagine how they look to an 8-year old? It didn't take Ali long to enjoy herself. We both thought the experience went way too fast! 
It was so sweet of Jay to also include himself and the boys in the day of dolphins! They didn't get to actually get in the water fully like Alison & I, but they got to do signals, kiss, touch and be splashed by one. Poor Evan was quite scared and cold in the beginning. Jay held him most of the time, but at least he wasn't screaming like the one-year old standing next to them with his mother. Eventually, the trainer asked her to leave the pool area.


No comments:
Post a Comment