First of all, there is an issue between my laptop and this blog. It is NOT allowing me to upload pictures, which is completely driving me crazy. All I know is that I just want things to work. Why is technology constantly causing me grief?!?
Next, the storm (in the previous post) was weak. Weak, weak, weak. As like in any other place, people go crazy over nothing!
Right now, our lives are football, cheerleading, football, and more football. Why didn't anyone tell us that once our kids signed up to play/cheer for Pop Warner that our lives would revolve around it? Game notice's are literally the week before and it's the second week in a row that Alison has to report at 6:30 a.m. for a 7:30 game. Lucky for everyone involved, I love football and don't mind getting the kids to where they belong. I just hope E.J.'s team can win a few games so they know what it feels like. Unfortunately all odds are against them. Other local teams fought against allowing the Patriots to start up and the locals don't like us. For pictures of our kiddos, here's my Facebook link. Hopefully you can see some pics of E.J. in his first year of playing and Alison as a cheerleader for the younger boys. She loves it. He's impartial (but I secretly think he likes it).
Although I am secretly proud of E.J., I am also concerned about his well being in the public school system. The boy has a lot to learn about opening his mouth to the locals. I've advised him to walk in pairs around campus at the intermediate school just to ensure he doesn't get a black eye. This story will explain why I feel this way...
What E.J. told his Dad:
So here's how it went down, yeah? E.J. was talking with one of his peers, a somewhat diminutive 'local boy'. E.J. asks, "Have you heard about all the scraps [minor fights] going on at school lately?" The local says, "Don't use 'scrap', you mainlanders can't use it, its a Hawaiian word." E.J. retorts, "Apparently you haven't ever been to Boston." (neither has E.J., but that didn't come up.) "Scrap isn't a Hawaiian word." The local says that mainlanders just stole it, but it is Hawaiian. E.J., tired of arguing with a lesser educated soul, finishes the conversation by saying, "Wait a minute." He takes his phone from his bag, and pretends to receive a call. He then looks at the local boy and says, "That was Willy Wonka, he wants his Oompa Loompa back." ...I hope that Oompa Loompa doesn't have a big (size and quantity) ohana, or my dear wife's prediction may come true.
Oh that boy!
For now, you are updated. Hopefully, I can figure out this photo issue and upload pictures soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment