Don't Blink: GO ALISON!        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Monday, May 02, 2011

GO ALISON!

For a few days, Alison has been asking me to take the training wheels off her bike. I would've done it right away if I knew where Jay keeps the proper tools to do so. Tonight we had some friends over and I asked if they would mind helping me out with this. As soon as the training wheels were removed, the tires inflated, and her helmet put on she was ready...or so she thought! Once it was time to get on the bike and find her balance, she was not so sure of herself. In fact, we heard many times, "I'm scared" and she started to really doubt herself. She didn't want to fall down and get a boo boo. This happened just one time and she was able to brush it off and keep going. What amazes me about this girl is her determination and strength. She refused to give up until she finished what she started. This is one of the things I admire and love about our Prinny.

Alison continued to find her balance and within fifteen minutes, she was getting much more steady. We could see her confidence getting stronger and before we knew it, she took off. There were some good rides and then some not so good rides. She gained some motivation when EJ reluctantly appeared and she said, "I am mad at him." That girl rode like the wind to show him she could do it! Hmmm...I guess there is competition between siblings in this house.

Even though we explained how to use the brakes, Ali kept putting her feet down to stop herself. My friend realized that instead of yelling, "BRAKE," Ali seemed to respond to "Back pedal." This is something she is looking forward to practicing tomorrow night.

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to flip the videos, but at least I have some! A special thanks to my friend, Jen, for taking and emailing the videos to me.

No comments: