Every year, EJ's Boy Scout pack has a Lads 'n Dads dessert auction. This is where the the boys are to "help" make a dessert with their Dad that is auctioned off at a meeting. They are to bring five, one dollar bills and can use them to bid on a dessert. With a bunch of 10-year old boys, I wanted to make something good this time around. With a bit of help from a friend, I decided on making a cheeseburger cake. Actually, a
GIANT BACON CHEESBURGER. Yes, I made the cake when EJ was at school, but made sure he helped finish it up once he got home. The final product turned out pretty good, but then I didn't know how to transport it to the meeting. I found it a big enough box, so when we arrived, all the boys wanted to know what EJ's dessert looked like. The pack leader kept it in the box and it was auctioned off as a secret. What I loved was that EJ talked his dessert up enough that even as a blind auction, it received the whole $5!!
EJ adding the tomatoes (a.k.a. cookies wrapped in strawberry fruit roll-ups)
Adding the ketchup (red icing)
The final product made of yellow cake (buns), brownie (burger), fruit roll-up covered cookies (tomatoes), shredded coconut (lettuce), orange tootsie rolls (cheese), apricot fruit leather (bacon). The "fries" were sugar cookies cut with a scalloped cookie cutter.
No comments:
Post a Comment