Don't Blink: Happy Hearts!        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Hearts!

Just in time for the Valentine activities, the kids are healthy! Well, Evan still has a runny nose, but at least the cough is gone. The warm mist humidifier with Vick's solution helped out alot!


Both Alison & Evan had to make something to hold their Valentine's in since their classes were having parties. For Ali, we bought a foam mailbox and all she had to do was decorate it. Easy! Evan's required a little more time, but all we did was cut scrapbook paper (cool pattern for a boy) and cover a shoebox. Both turned out really cute! Alison also did a great job writing out all twenty + Valentine's by herself (including the To: and From:). Evan only had to sign his name, which I started out by helping. After a few, he wanted to write the letters himself. He gets an A for persistence and effort! On Sunday, we went to a gathering where the theme was CHOCOLATE! There was chocolate bacon, chicken, meatballs, hot chocolate, and desserts! We played BINGO and, although, we didn't win any of the games, it was cool teaching Alison how to play. Evan kept calling the game BUNKO. For Valentine's Day, I asked my friends to come over for a potluck. It turned out to be a wonderful evening and I realize how lucky I am for my friends. If it weren't for them, I'd be exceptionally lonely during this time. While the adults chatted and drank wine, the kids played, made crafts and destoyed the house (not literally, JAY!). As usual, there was too much food and we stuffed ourselves silly. Round 2 is Friday night when I host a Going Away for a good friend. Hope all of you enjoyed the day of love!

No comments: