12-05-10
Well, it's official! E.J. has learned the truth about good ole St. Nick (Santa Clause, that is)! He believes in St. Nicholas, but questioned me about Santa tonight. I thought it was time to let the cat outta the bag. Maybe not the best timing with our upcoming events, but I don't like to lie to the kids when they ask direct questions. He says he isn't sad and it was good believing for as long as he did. One kid down, two more to go...
I did invite E.J. to help us put out the gifts this year. Of course, he would be able to see and count how many will be awaiting him the next morning. I guess he could just help us with his siblings gifts and Jay & I could put out his after he heads to bed. To be honest, I am excited about him helping out every year. I've been looking forward to it the last few years. I remember when I started helping my Mom put out Nikki & Jacki's gifts. This will be something he'll remember too...
(E.J. just came in to ask me this, "So what about the reindeer food?" I didn't know what he meant. He says, "Where does it all go?" Our definition of "reindeer food" is oatmeal & glitter. I told him it just goes away and no one ever goes to verify that it's still outside. Maybe he has alot more questions than I thought...)
1 comment:
Heh! I just realized you and I have the same blog design. :-) Great minds think alike, I guess!
Post a Comment