Don't Blink: An Evan update        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

An Evan update

It's been two weeks since Evan turned four years old.  Because of how small he is, I don't look at him like he is four.  Not sure if anyone else does either!  Of course, he will always be my baby!  Evan has really grown in height, but not so much in weight.  He remains our "Skinny, Scrawny" boy.  I am not quite sure how much he weighs, but let's just say he's only in a size 3T pants because of the length.  The pants with the the drawstring are pulled ALL the way to the last hole!  Since my baby is growing so fast (and we have LOTS going on), I figured I better post some updates about him... 
Evan's favorites:
Foods: Cheese, applesauce, yogurt, carrots, breads
TV show: Phineas & Ferb, Johnny Test, pretty much anything the older kids watch too!
Games:  Uno, Candyland, MarioKart
Things to say: "Nerd"...thanks, EJ!  "Yeah," which sounds like "Nyeah"
Toys:  Spiderman, LEGOS, Matchbox cars
What Evan is still working on:
Potty-training:  We've been working on this since January!  The first two potty-trained in two weeks!  Not this one.  Don't get me wrong, he doesn't have full accidents where there is a puddle on the floor.  Instead he "leaks" a little...just enough to wet his underwear.  Of course, that's not the only problem.  This is the most frustrated I've ever been with potty-training.  With time, I know he will mature and this won't go on forever.  In the meantime, he doesn't care about the wetness or stinky smell emitting from himself.  Believe it or not, he doesn't care.

Listening:  Boy, oh boy, if ever I thought EJ didn't listen to me this little boy puts his big brother to shame.  From the beginning, Evan has decided that all the rules that were in place in the Kilpatrick house did not apply to him.  It seems that he acts out by pretending not to hear my voice.  This especially holds true when I ask him to do something as simple as put his shoes on.  Just when I think he's gone to do just that, I see him shoeless as we are about to leave! 
One of the funniest things about Evan is that he likes to "steal" toys from his siblings and "hide" them in his bed.  We have a joke that if you can't find something, go check Evan's bed!  He is our baby Swipper.

No comments: