Don't Blink: They're back...BACK TO SCHOOL!        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Saturday, August 28, 2010

They're back...BACK TO SCHOOL!

Going back to school is tough on both the parents and children. Parents realize those carefree days of summer are over and it's time to buckle down while kids don't want to get up early and rushed out the door for eight hours of rules and learning. I've definitely felt a greater appreciation towards our kids this week. EJ started his third school in three years and Alison is our first Kindergartener to ride the bus to and from school (I took and picked up EJ when we lived in Texas). Both situations are alot to handle and can be scary. My morning routine has changed since last year too. It used to be that EJ got on the bus right here in our neighborhood. Not this year. In fact, I load up all the kids around 8 a.m. to take EJ over to another school where that bus arrives for 8:15 a.m. and takes him to his "new" school. His day begins at 8:30. I then get back home and have around 15 minutes before walking Alison to the park where the bus arrives around 8:40 a.m. So, in the morning, Alison doesn't ride the bus with her brother. She is let off and herded into the elementary school with hundreds of other children. It's her job to remember where her classroom is, which I only showed her one time. {Memo to self: Next time, show Alison a few times where her classroom is when we go to meet the teacher the day before}. Actually, each Kindergartener is given a tag that parents pin to their backpacks. It allows staff and teachers to guide those frigtened babies to their dungeons...I mean classrooms. You will see the tag in the photos I posted. In the afternoon, since EJ's school lets out earlier than Alison's, he is put on a bus which takes him to his "home school." That is the school Alison goes to now. From there, both the kids come home together. It was the first day of school and on our way to drop EJ off, I was telling the kids to remember to use their manners, don't be mean, etc. EJ says, "I know, Mom!" I said, "I was also talking to your sister." I decided to ask EJ if he had any advice for his sister on her very first day of Kindergarten. He says, "Ali, be creative." That kid makes me smile.
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
This digital scrapbooking design created with Smilebox

No comments: