Monday, July 05, 2010
Evan funny's...
Everyone knows how kids say the darndest things, right? I've kept a journal of these sayings since EJ was little. Now that I have this blog, I've been able to type them up. One of these days I am going to have to type up the handwritten stories I started in the journal. For now, here are a few of Evan's recent funny's...
1 - Upon having to run out the door this past week to pick up EJ & Alison from Vacation Bible School, I hurried as I helped Evan put on his brown sandals. He kept saying, "Mommy, they're too tight." I knew he didn't outgrow them so I do what all Mom's who are in a hurry do. I ignored him and continued doing what needed to be done. He repeated, "Mommy, it's too tight." I said, "Evan, they aren't tight!" Then he says, "HELLO?!? I said they're too tight!" Imagine, if you will, the HELLO as in the way an irritated teenager would say it.
2 - At the pool yesterday, the lifeguard (whom Evan continues to refer to as "Coach") blew the whistle for the kids to get out of the pool. It was adult swim only time. The kids have gotten used to this without much fuss anymore. Evan was walking towards me and says, "Mommy, is it human swim time?" I just started laughing as I agreed that it was indeed human swim time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment