![]() |
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Six Flags...at least for a little while!
My friend, Stacy, and I decided to take our boys to Six Flags on Sunday so they could use the FREE ticket they earned through a reading program at school. We left the house early enough to get something to eat before heading to the park. Our restaurant of choice was Hooters. As you will see in one of the last photos, EJ was NOT at all happy about being in the picture with the Hooters girls. He is going through a HUGE anti-girl stage and he was quite upset with me that I threatened him if he didn't get in that picture. He got over it pretty quickly (mostly because I threatened him some more...hey it works!) and we headed to the park.
With it being over 100 degrees, we thought it best to hop on a water ride right away. Even though the sign said it would be an hour and half wait, we got on after 40 minutes. Yep, the Aquaman left us soaked, but the boys stood on the bridge to make sure they were drenched from head to toe. Stacy & I stood to the side and took pictures.
The next ride was Tony Hawk's Big Spin. Both boys were scared of this one, but they got on...okay, Stacy drug Hunter on...LOL! EJ loved the ride and was even talking about it this morning. We were able to jump right on some smaller coasters and then we found the Roarin' Rapids. I was SO excited about this one because it has been years since I've been able to ride one of these river rafts. Wouldn't you know, half way through, the power shuts down across the park and we were literally stuck on a raft! It was funny because as we crossed below a bridge where a park employee was standing, he said to us, "What are you guys doing here?" We thought he was kidding because we were on the ride like everyone else. Come to find out, when we looked ahead, there was a dead end. We had to be rescued! Later on, we realized that we were lucky to have been "stuck" on this ride instead of a roller coaster. I would have been traumatized!
After wasting time for an hour and pretty much begging for ice in the $14 refillable cup we purchased before the power went out, an announcement was made and the park closed down. We were disappointed that the day ended that way, but we did enjoy the little bit of time we had. Hopefully, we can use the free passes we were handed on the way out in the near future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I Love The Pictures and the little scrapbook pages.....I had a BLAST even if it closed early... I will get with you after you return and we'll share pictures.... Have fun on your trip!
Post a Comment