Don't Blink: Evan is seven!        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Friday, November 15, 2013

Evan is seven!


The time has absolutely flown by since the birth of our surprise baby.  Every day I am so blessed that GOD brought this sweet, loving, fun, silly boy into our lives.  For those of you that don't know, I was in denial when I found out I was pregnant on 3/19/06.  How do I remember the date?  Jay was deployed a month and it was our 7th wedding anniversary.  I took a pregnancy test which clearly turned out to be positive.  Shock isn't a strong enough word for one of the feelings I felt.  Alison was just 15 months old and they were going to be 23 months apart.  Oh no, no, no.  I wasn't going to be one of those Mom's with two kids less than two years apart.  HA!  GOD had bigger plans.

When Evan tells me he loves me more than I love him or he's going to always visit me after he moves away, my heart feels two things.  One is guilt and the other is joy.  I feel guilty for the denial & self doubt, yet joy for the overflowing love Evan shows me every.single.day.  And I thank GOD every.single.day for knowing Evan was meant to be and how much joy he'd add to this family!

Okay, enough about me and more about the birthday boy:
Nicknames: Chunga, Chunga Bunga, Evey
Favorite foods/drinks: Pizza, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, root beer, chicken nuggets, broccoli
TV fav's: Phineas & Ferb, usually anything the bigger kids watch he will too
Fun things to do: Play Skylanders, LEGO Star Wars, run around the playground with friends
Birthday theme this year: Star Wars
Birthday party: Miniature golf with friends: Gavin, Reagan & Xavi; pinata at the house with burgers & hot dogs on the grill as his meal of choice
Working on: Listening, sitting still, stop wetting the bed
Random facts: Left-handed; doesn't like to try new things, but can be convinced by his big brother (who takes an easy on him) - most recent example is boogey boarding, really good at counting coins, doesn't like much fruit, hardly eats lunch because he is busy talking to his friends



No comments: