Don't Blink: MAY DAY 2013        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Wednesday, May 01, 2013

MAY DAY 2013

It's our first MAY DAY in Hawaii and it has NOT been disappointing!  The kids' school had a show today featuring each of the grades performing a Hawaiian dance.  It was GREAT!  This is truly something this state takes seriously considering the kids practiced during school hours for weeks!  And the costumes...let me tell you about Alison & EJ's wardrobe!  EJ had to bring in ti leaves, which he and his classmates turned into lei anklets and wristlets.  We drove to Hickam to "borrow" a few, but in our defense, we don't have Ohana here.  Usually, one can rely on them for a few ti leaves from their front yard.  For Ali, the parents donated $5 each and some amazing parents stitched and put together the cutest orange and yellow outfits!  Evan was easy.  He needed an Aloha shirt, which everyone has in their closest when they move here! 

I hope you enjoy watching the cell phone videos of our kids.  (I'm sorry they are grainy and volatile.  It's hard taking pictures AND video simultaneously!) 

These are memories I will cherish for-evah! 
 
 
 

No comments: