Boy am I glad GOD gives us new opportunities every day because I fail at being patient on a daily basis. What can I say? I'm a work in progress! I think this is why Jay is my better half. He truly is more patient than I. As seen below, sitting next to EJ to assist with Math homework is NOT something I am capable of doing (for a few reasons). First, EJ doesn't look at me as a "teacher." I'm just his Mom. And I know how smart this kid is, but he can also be lazy. I don't have much tolerance for that. Hence, I can't homeschool this child. Been there. Done that. Bought the t-shirt AND stole the ashtray...LOL! Not making the same mistake twice. Second, 6th grade Math is HARD! The kids are doing problems we didn't do until high school (okay, maybe I didn't do them until then) and they are taught in an entirely different way. Believe me, I've gotten my fair share of red marks from Alison's 2nd grade teacher because I "taught" her how to add double digits the "wrong" way! Same answer, but wrong teaching method. My bad. I'll just leave the checking of the Math homework up to the patient one in the family...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment