Don't Blink: We are still here!        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Friday, October 21, 2011

We are still here!

It seems my chaotic life never settles down.  That's probably because I put too much on my plate.  With three kids, there is always something to clean, make, do.  On top of all that, I like to socialize.  This month, for example, has not had a weekend where there wasn't something going on.  November will be a breath of fresh air because, besides Evan's birthday, I am NOT planning anything!!!  Okay, just a few trips, but that's easy!
For this post, I will give a brief update about the kiddos.

EJ, oh that EJ...This kid is smart, yet he doubts himself and hates homework.  He is in the local gifted program and is doing great when he puts the effort forth.  Most of the time, he is too busy worrying about going outside to play to care about doing his homework correctly.  Jay & I have had to put the brakes on that for awhile just until he shows some improvement in both this attitude and his work ethic.  Also, sometimes EJ thinks he knows more than the adults, especially his mother.  It drives me crazy!  We definitely butt-heads.  Currently, we don't have EJ in any sports.  This is good & bad.  We are glad because this program he is in can be time intensive (and being a little lazy doesn't help), yet we feel it's important for him to be active.  He is actively working towards becoming a Boy Scout and he enjoys all of those activities. 

Alison is the opposite of her big brother when it comes to school & activities.  She loves first grade, enjoys reading & doing homework.  If it were up to her she'd be in sports three times a week.  Right now, she does a cheer/hip hop/gymnastics class and she is a second year Daisy Girl Scout.  Recently, I was told by her cheer teacher that I should put her in competitive cheerleading.  I'm not sure I am ready for that. 

Evan enjoys going to preschool and is in gymnastics.  We thought we'd get him into Tae Kwon Do, but he got a bit intimidated when we previewed the class.  He still thinks he is also 10-years old, like his big brother.  Some of the things I hear him say are definitely things EJ never would've said!  Evan loves to have "dance parties," sing, and cuddle with his Mommy.  He tells me that when I am an old lady he will take care of me.

Some recent pics of the kids can be viewed HERE.

No comments: