WOW! There sure is a lot of snow out there! I love that we are snowed in and my sister, who is visiting, is stuck here too!! After Jay made us a yummy breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes and sausage, we all got bundled up to go play in the elusive white stuff. Poor Evan could barely move in the 10.75 inches we recorded at 11 a.m. As of 4 p.m., Jay measured 12 inches! Jacki & I took the kids over to the park where they played on the slides. Those slides sure are fun with snowpants! The little ones were catching air at the bottom and loved it! We decided to try to make a snowman in front of the house, but the snow was pretty loose. There were some snowballs thrown and Alison & Evan got hit a few times too many so we headed back inside after 45 minutes or so. EJ played with a friend for a few hours and eventually Jay took Evan & Alison back outside for some more fun!
Jacki thinks we look homeless...LOL!
Instead of making the traditional hot chocolate, I made a recipe I saw in the PEOPLE magazine. It turned out really yummy with a great twist. Evan & Alison enjoyed the crushed peppermint the most and said they'd rather the brown hot chocolate next time! Try it out for yourself!


Recipe for Winter White Hot Chocolate
2 c. fat-free half-and-half
2 c. fat-free milk
3/4 c. white chocolate morsels
1/4 c. Splenda (I used sugar)
1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
Bring half-and-half and milk to a boil over medium-high heat; add chocolate morsels and Splenda, stirring until morsels melt. Then stir in vanilla. Serve in glass mugs and garnish with whipped cream and peppermint sticks. Serves four.
Doesn't it look delicious?!?
The kids used spoons to drink the melted whipped cream and crushed peppermint.
1 comment:
It Looks like you guys are still enjoying the best of times;
Post a Comment