Today I am having a pity party for myself. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed that I can't keep up with everyday tasks (i.e. cleaning, errands, laundry). And forget about fitting in a workout or some stamping time. Everytime I turn around there is something else that needs to be done. Just when I think I have a sec to myself to make a card, it's lunchtime or I gotta change a diaper. Once I am distracted, I see something else that has to get done. You see, I am the type of person that rarely makes time for myself while at home because I can't with so many chores staring me in the face. Even when I think that I will just load up the kids to go to the gym, I lack motivation. Exercising is just not a top priority, but I know it should be. Afterall, if I am not healthy then my life will end prematurely. One would think that since I am surrounded my friends who DO workout regularly that I would be influenced to do myself. HA! Instead I feel intimidated because I CAN'T be like them.
For those of you who think that stay-at-home Moms have it easy, I say to you - Go ahead and try it yourself. Even for us, there are NOT enough hours in a day!
So, the question is: How do I find that balance of
ME time and FAMILY time and CHORES?
A regular routine seems like the right answer, so I suppose I should make myself a schedule. Okay, that seems easy enough. Figuring out how to maintain motivation is part of my problem. It doesn't take much to disappoint me, which I often do to myself. That is clearly an emotional issue. Therapy? Probably...LOL!
Well, my floors are dry and the dryer just buzzed at me so it's time to end this pity party, put on my big girl undies and DEAL! Thanks for letting me vent!
1 comment:
Like the NIKE commerical says JUST DO IT
Post a Comment