The 1st graders at Evan's school went on an educational field trip to the 20th Honolulu Festival at the convention center. Lucky me, I was picked to chaperone, which meant I got to ride the bus along with sixty other 6 & 7 year olds! What mattered most was how happy Evan was that I was joining him. He made sure I sat with him on the bus and we ate lunch together. I didn't get to do alot of field trips with the other kiddos because I always had a smaller one to tote along. It's nice to have this time with my baby boy.
Anyway, before the trip, the kids could write something to put in the time capsule at the festival. They had to write something they would want their 16 or 17-year old self to know. With some encouragement, you'll see what Evan wrote.
Working hard on what he wants to remember in 10 years
Not a bad view while working on homework
"I think I'll be in 11th grade. School will be hard. I will be 17. To my older brother self: be creative all the time even if you don't feel like it. Also, friends make you happy."
(The friends in his drawing are Luke, Xavier, Evan & Gavin)
(The friends in his drawing are Luke, Xavier, Evan & Gavin)
This is the time capsule where the kids sheets will be placed. On the boards behind the capsule, are the writings of kids from 10 years ago. When it is time to unseal Evan's, he will be invited back for the ceremony. Maybe a good excuse to visit the island again?
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment