Don't Blink: Boy am I glad that is over!!: TAKE 2!        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Boy am I glad that is over!!: TAKE 2!

It seems EJ is more curious about the subject of sex than we thought. A few days after the first "talk," EJ asked me, "What's that book upstairs?" I had to think about what he was talking about for a few minutes, but then I remembered I left book #3 in the God's Design for Sex series lying upstairs. I told him it was the the third book in that series and asked, "I thought you didn't want to talk about this anymore?" Apparently, he did want to know more so the next night I sat down and read the first chapter to him. This chapter pertained to how sex is often joked about on TV, amongst kids, etc. There are a few discussions questions at the end, which I really like! Throughout the chapter, I'd randomly ask EJ some questions just to make sure he understood what I was talking about. One of the questions I asked was, "EJ, what is sex?" Just because you tell the kid one time doesn't mean they remember! Here is how this went down: Me: "EJ, what is sex?" EJ: {Throwing the blanket over his head} "I don't want to tell you." Me: "Well, I have to make sure you understand what we discussed the other night." EJ: {Looking embarassed and actually speechless finally says}: "I'm gonna say it one time and I'm gonna say it fast." Me: "Okay. Tell me."
Note: Jay is sitting right next to EJ.
This will be important later.
EJ: "It's when the nuts go into the vagina." LOL LOL LOL LOL!!! Needless to say, Jay & I got quite the kick outta that one! Me: "Close, but not exactly." So I start to use the proper terminology and describe the act once again, but I get interrupted by Evan. To keep him distracted, I decide to read him a bedtime story and ask Jay to finish up the discussion with EJ. My husband literally looked at me like I was crazy and he started to laugh! He really didn't want to. When I asked him what was the problem, he said there is just something funny to boys about the word "penis." SERIOUSLY?!? Both Jay & EJ had a good giggle at that and then Jay talked to his son about the original question.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

TOO funny! And you're right...the conversations won't end there!