Don't Blink: Halloween 2009        
 
           
         
   
     
       
     
       

Blog Archive

     
     
       

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Halloween 2009

Halloween 2009 was the Halloween that almost didn't happen. Why? One word: RAIN! The weather was pretty threatening all day, yet luck was on our side this year. It did rain, but only after trick-or-treating was over. It would've been a first rained out night for even me! We started our day by relaxing at home since EJ's soccer game was cancelled due to field saturation. We dusted off the Wii and the boys played Rock Band until we convinced EJ to play something where the whole family could be involved. The kids decided to play 10 turns on Mario Party while Jay & I assisted for some of the games. Afterwards, EJ went to a Birthday/Halloween party for a classmate. Jay ended up staying at the party per the request of the Mom. He is at an age where the kids get dropped off at birthday parties, but this one was a big one! My only complaint was that the parents should have been notified that it was required to stay on the birthday invitation. I just want to know these things! Anyway, when EJ & Jay got home, it was time to go to the second Birthday/Halloween party of the day at a friend & neighbor's house. From there we would begin trick-or-treating. I was shocked when the doorbell started ringing at 5:15...another first for me! I don't EVER recall trick-or-treating in the daylight! P.S. I learned something new this Halloween: Trick-or-treating is MUCH more fun for the adults while carrying a cup of wine and asking for refills from neighborhood friends...LOL!!! The first few pictures are the kids trick-or-treating and the last ones are from the birthday party.
Trick-or-treat, Ms. Emmy!
Evan dissing his girlfriend, Ms. Emmy!
Alison with her friend, Lillian
Why would Jay need to wear a costume when he ends up wearing Evan's?!? The kids with their friends, Taylor & Zak Scary faces!
AT jUliA's BIRTHDAY PARTY:
Alison with the birtday girl, Julia (2)
Alison, Evan & Mommy (yes, you've seen this costume before!)
Gross, yet yummy food at the Birthday/Halloween Party: (Jay & I made the apple teeth...apples, peanut butter, miniature marshmallows) Julia's super cool birthday cake made by her Mommy, Samantha

No comments: